Share the post "PROGRESSIVE DISCIPLINE POLICY"
PROGRESSIVE DISCIPLINE POLICY
- General Policy. Employees who violate ABC Company and site safety rules and procedures and/or [federal/state/province] Occupational Health and Safety laws, regulations and rulings shall be subject to discipline in accordance with the following progressive discipline policy.
- Verbal Warnings. Employees who commit a first offense will receive one verbal warning. Upon receiving a verbal warning, the employee will be given an explanation of the infraction and corrective action required, an opportunity to explain and notification that further offenses will result in more serious penalties. A note stating that the verbal warning was given listing the time, date and reason will be kept in the employee’s personnel file.
- Written Warnings. Second offenses will result in a written warning which will be recorded on the ABC Company disciplinary log. A copy of the warning will be sent to the employee, the ABC Company head office, the union and the safety officer in charge of the site and be kept in the employee’s personnel file.
- Suspensions. Third offenses will result in suspension for a period considered appropriate under the circumstances. A copy of the suspension notice will be sent to the employee, ABC Company head office, the union and the safety officer in charge of the site and kept in the employee’s personnel file.
- Termination. Fourth offenses will result in immediate termination. The supervisor responsible for the employee will be informed immediately and he/she will remove the employee from the site. A copy of the termination notice will be sent to the employee, ABC head office, the union and safety officer in charge. In addition, the employee shall be given an opportunity to contest the dismissal at a hearing as required by the collective bargaining agreement.
- Serious Offenses. In the event employees engage in severe offenses of a dangerous nature, ABC Company may impose more serious penalties up to and including immediate termination without following the sequence provided under this progressive discipline policy. For example, employees who engage in workplace violence or use alcohol or illegal drugs during their designated shifts may be subject to immediate termination without warning or suspension even if this is their first offense.